Guest Post Guidelines – The NotMom.com
- Please send us an email introducing yourself. Are you a NotMom? A Mom? A man? Explain your guest blog idea and include your blog URL, if you have one.
- Keep in mind that just as childlessness doesn’t define a woman, many diverse interests appeal to NotMoms, and you can write about any of them: Cooking and dining, fashion and beauty, exercise and health, relationships and faith. Ideally, you’ll share something of your own journey that might be of interest to a broad audience.
- Once we’re in agreement about the direction of your submission, you’ll send it in by the established deadline as a Word document, 500-1,200 words. We’ll also need a short bio (80 words or less). Your bio should feature no more than two links to other sites. You may refer to yourself in generalities or let the world have your email: it’s up to you. If possible, please send a photo, too (preferably a headshot).
- Guest posts should be well written, spell-checked and fitting the tone of The NotMom.com (positive, thoughtful, earnest and honest sharing, insights or advice). Don’t be afraid of bullets and proper punctuation. Your post should feature no more than three links to other sites.
- If you are not an established blogger, you will need to submit your completed post and bio for review with no guarantee of publication.
- Approved writers will receive a final edited copy of their post with an estimate run date. TheNotMom.com reserves the right to reject content we believe to be negative, discriminatory or in conflict with our standards and brand. We will not link to certain websites (i.e., gambling, pharmaceutical sales, etc.) as we see fit. We reserve the right to reschedule publication as needed.
Your post will be circulated through The NotMom.com social media channels, and you will be expected to do the same through your own online accounts. We’ll work together to get as many women as possible excited about reading your story!